Technology is radically altering the way health and social care is delivered and consumed across the globe. Pressure to reduce costs, address staffing shortages, increase productivity and demonstrate value continue to intensify.
Meanwhile demographic drivers – an ageing population, chronic illness and a younger, tech-savvy generation who are moving away from traditional concepts of disease, illness and treatment to active, ongoing monitoring and maintenance of health and well-being – demand innovation and fresh insight.
While the NHS and independent health and social care providers will continue to play a major role in securing the health of the nation, digital innovators and entrepreneurs are disrupting traditional models of reactive service delivery.
Whether you are a digital health start-up or SME, an established tech company seeking to expand your business and markets, or an NHS or independent provider developing or purchasing digital solutions, Bevan Brittan’s Digital Health Team can advise you and help you to thrive.
Because we operate in your world, we know what it takes for you to thrive in it
Our Digital Health legal and regulatory team are experts in supporting clients in the delivery of new technology within health and social care. We understand the need to work in partnerships and across health and social care systems and are able to provide a one-stop, integrated Digital Health advice service drawing upon expertise across the firm’s Corporate, Commercial, Employment, Regulatory and Clinical Risk teams.
Whether you want to ‘move fast and break things’ or ‘do no harm’, our lawyers have the agility to look at problems from different perspectives and offer expert commercial and regulatory support to help you succeed in your ventures.
Thanks again to you and the team for preparing all the documents and your advice. Everything looks great and seems extremely well drafted. I want to say again that we are really glad to work with you. We are now referring the first patients.
We know how difficult it is to innovate and succeed commercially in this area, but our team of Digital Health experts are here to help you at every stage of your development, advising on:
- Funding and route-to-market initiative: getting you off the ground and into your markets
- Intellectual property: protecting your innovations and making sure they cannot be exploited by competitors
- Commercial and corporate matters: ensuring you have the right corporate structures in place, connecting you with the right partners and distributing risk and responsibilities to your advantage
- Regulatory requirements: ensuring your device, software or app is fully compliant with MHRA and CQC requirements
- Clinical and patient safety: helping you navigate statutory clinical safety requirements such as DCB0129, DCB0160 and the new Regulations on medical devices, as well as working closely with innovators to advise on in-building patient safety
at the earliest stages of product development
- Data protection, information governance and cyber security: ensuring GDPR compliance, sound data management and robust procedures and protocols to protect patient confidentiality and the integrity of commercially sensitive data
- Procurement: helping public health and social care organisations procure innovative solutions and adopt technology faster, and advising innovators on how to navigate public procurement requirements
- Incident investigation/inquiries/crisis response: helping you to investigate and respond to incidents and crises quickly to minimise harm and reputational damage to your organization
- Dispute resolution, Workforce issues and General litigation: protecting your interests in commercial, employment, third-party and end-user disputes and litigation
Bevan Brittan advises Manchester City Council on tech hub deal
30/01/2023View all News
HE spring webinar series: New obligations for building and fire safety coming in 2023
Key challenges for the higher education sector in 2023View all Events