We know that procurement does not take place in a legal vacuum. The procurement rules are only part of the wider picture. Practical training and guidance, as well as easily understood policies and procedures, are important.
Explaining what the procurement rules mean in practice can be challenging to do in a way that is not over-legalistic, and requires special skills. Clients tell us that we deliver excellent, easy to understand practical training which is of direct daily relevance.
We assist clients to prepare internal guidance, procedures and supporting documents for experts and non-experts involved in the procurement process. We also work with our clients on the review and drafting of public facing procurement related documents, such as contract standing orders and contract procedures and template tender documentation.
Working with clients
We represent all types of contracting authorities including local authorities, NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts, CCGs, central government and NDPBs, educational bodies, charities, regulators. We also offer this service to private sector bidders.
We can help you by:
- reviewing and drafting local authority contract procedure rules and supporting manuals
- advising on supplier obligations and internal procedures to comply with requirements under the Modern Slavery Act
- advising on debriefing requirements and processes during the standstill period.
Our recent training has included:
- Twice yearly procurement update events in London, Leeds Birmingham and Bristol
- Bespoke client training
- basic introduction to the Public Contracts Regulations 2015
- how to use the Standard Questionnaire
- NHS Commissioning and the light touch regime
- procurement for utilities under the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016
- how to award a concession contract
- how to make the most of procedures involving negotiation or dialogue
- top tips for complex negotiations
- suppliers’ rights to information about the procurement process
- procurement challenges
- setting up and running framework agreements
- key issues in running dynamic purchasing systems
- top tips on tendering for public contracts
- evaluation – the process, interviews, criteria and methodologies.
Bevan Brittan begins 2021 with Property Award win
16/02/2021View all News
WEBINAR - Primary care premises development – the CCG perspective...
24/03/2021View all Events
Health and Social Care Update - February 2021
Policy and law relevant to those involved in health and social care work.View all Articles