I am a commercial and government advisory lawyer specialising in public procurement law. I have particular experience advising central government departments, drawing on over a decade working across the UK government.
With a focus historically on the energy sector, my work has encompassed assisting clients with developing and delivering major ITTs and framework agreements, evaluation of bids and tenders, drafting commercial terms and conditions, and more.
My clients include local authorities, NHS bodies, central government departments and other public bodies.
- Lead adviser on procuring delivery partners for the Heat Network Investment Programme (£320m grant and loan administration scheme) and the £20 million Electrification of Heat Demonstration programme (BEIS);
- Advised on procurement risks associated with government support for new nuclear (BEIS);
- Procurement lead for the ‘Hydrogen for Heat’ and decarbonisation of UK distilleries R&D programmes (BEIS);
- Updated and consolidated UK central government standard terms and conditions of service and drafted bespoke indemnity agreements for BEIS arm’s length bodies;
- ‘FinTech Export Academy’: established legal terms of engagement with business partners for participation in DIT accredited export services (DIT);
- Advised the Government Property Agency in its nationwide re-procurement of facilities management services (Cabinet Office);
- Lead adviser on COP 26 sponsorship agreements (Cabinet Office);
- Brexit task force secondment: led a compliance review of grant schemes in the Department for International Trade.