I am an employment law specialist and advise on a wide range of contentious and non-contentious employment and HR matters. I advise on restructures, redundancies and TUPE as well as day to day employment matters including sickness absence, disciplinary, capability and grievance matters, contracts of employment and policies.
I have a particular interest in defending employment tribunal claims and this forms a regular part of my workload. I also regularly undertake training sessions for HR and management.
I advise various specialist sectors including healthcare, education, manufacturing, agriculture and financial services and I work across both the public and private sectors. Having previously been a trustee of a charity for over 5 years, I also have a good practical insight into the charities sector.
My aim is to listen carefully to my clients, share their concerns and provide them with the support needed to make considered decisions.
I am listed as an Associate to Watch in the Chambers 2022 guide with clients stating that ‘[Sarah] has deep knowledge, is very accommodating and is very responsive’ and ‘[Sarah] is very committed and fights very hard for her clients’.
- Successfully defending numerous employment tribunal claims including complex multi-day discrimination and whistleblowing cases.
- Advising and negotiating on a number of high value employee exits including for directors and chief executives.
- Supporting the lead partner on a number of complex collective redundancy matters.
- Supporting the wider commercial teams with various high value business sales and purchases including, for example, advising on a £15million investment in environmental technology innovator.
- Being an elected member of a local Law Society, General Purposes Committee for over 5 years and supporting those coming into the legal profession.
Sarah's areas of expertise
- Employment, Pensions & Immigration
- Contingent workforce and the gig economy
- Employment contracts and policies
- Employment advisory support
- Whistleblowing and raising concerns
- TUPE and outsourcing
- Equalities, diversity and discrimination
- Employment disputes and litigation
- Industrial relations and trade unions
- Workforce restructuring and agile working
- Health workforce
- Statutory Officer Discipline
- Combatting Sexual Harassment Training
- Employment Law Training Unit
- Large Scale Settlement Agreements