Immigration law has become a key compliance responsibility for all HR and recruitment departments, and has become a central part of any recruitment process and ongoing employment relationship. Brexit has given renewed impetus to managing EEA staff and satisfactorily resourcing workforces in the UK.
In response to the complexities of the law, Bevan Brittan LLP has developed a specialist Business Immigration Group – a team of specialist lawyers who will assist you with anything from one off queries and advice to retainer style arrangements to give you comfort that your organisation is legally compliant.
We are proactive in this field and regularly deliver training to clients on a range of immigration issues. We also participate in consultation exercises looking into the effects of immigration policy and immigration trends.
Good strength in depth, good legal knowledge, and a pragmatic commercial approach.
Working with clients
Our specialists are on hand to provide you with immigration law advice to support your organisation, and we are regularly asked to provide support with and advice in the following areas;
- Reviewing and advising on appropriate right to work documents/checklists/roles
- Delivering training/workshops to relevant managers on the law surrounding work permits and the Points Based System
- EU and Brexit issues affecting EEA staff
- Conducting annual compliance review with associated written report identifying any recommendations for improvement
- Helpline advice for ad hoc queries
- Dealing with specific immigration cases
- Planning for UKVI audits
- Advising on related employment law matters such as the right to work and when to suspend
- Defending prosecutions and responding to UKVI investigations
We work with clients across all sectors including in particular:-
- Higher education institutions
- NHS and healthcare
- Central and local government
- Private sector especially international corporations
- Third sector
Typically we are working with those responsible for immigration and compliance – for example, recruitment specialists, HR managers, and in house lawyers
- We have delivered a series of training sessions and one to one surgeries for EU staff working at a Russell Group University to reassure affected individuals of their permanent residency options in the light of Brexit
- We have advised several NHS Trusts on the recruitment of clinicians or medical staff from outside of the UK and on retention clauses within employment contracts; improvements in monitoring and review processes for right to work; and contractual flexibilities to manage foreign national employees on visas.
Bevan Brittan celebrates Bristol Life Award win
September 2021View all News
TRAINING - HSIB and its role in patient safety in England
Bevan Brittan Clinical Risk Department Education Lunch Training Webinars 2021View all Events