I specialise in UK business immigration and support both organisations and individuals as Legal Director in the Litigation, Advisory & Regulatory department.
I advise clients on work sponsorship under the UK points based system and represent both multinational businesses and SME clients, advising on strategic workforce planning and supporting with visa applications for both short term assignments and permanent relocations to the UK. I also act for high net worth investors/experienced entrepreneurs and their families with the expertise required to navigate their objectives while adhering to UK immigration law.
I undertake immigration audits for organisations to assess UKVI sponsor licence compliance and present bespoke immigration training for HR professionals and in house counsel on work sponsorship and right to work. My advice to individuals includes applications for partners and family members as well as EU and Brexit issues in addition to settlement/British nationality rights.
I’m an avid commentator and writer for nationwide media publications sharing my views and knowledge on current immigration news. I’m a devoted member of the Immigration Law Practitioners’ Association (ILPA) and longstanding member of the Human Rights Lawyers’ Association (HLRA).
My clients include higher and further education institutions, NHS trusts/healthcare providers, financial institutions in addition to manufacturing and retail clients across varied sectors. I also have a high profile portfolio of international investors and entrepreneurial clients to supporting with to facilitate setting up or expanding existing international business to the UK market.
- Acting for UK government organisation to secure long term sponsorship work visas and ensure UK Visas and Immigration compliance for key senior staff, to fulfil management roles to lead the stabilisation and transformation of the business.
- Representing Fortune 100 multinational conglomerate on vital project to secure temporary work visas for contractors for multi-sport event, the London 2012 Summer Olympics.
- Acting for UK league football clubs working closely with them to assist with access to international talented football players. Advising on visa compliance to enable international players to fulfil contracts and meet the different objectives of football stakeholders.
- Lead legal advisor on successful judicial review claim at the High Court supporting top UK University client to overturn decision to revoke their student sponsor licence to enable them to continue to recruit internationals students.
- Advising high profile international musician from Europe UK visa immigration requirements for investment in the UK via the Investor visa and subsequently securing settlement rights in the UK.
Tijen's areas of expertise
- Financial Services
- Higher Education
- Social Care
- Senior Living
- Administrative and Public Law
- Judicial review
- Construction & Engineering Overview
- COVID-19 Advisory Service
- Employment, Pensions & Immigration
- Employment contracts and policies
- Equalities, diversity and discrimination
- Workforce restructuring and agile working
- Healthcare Due Diligence