Fit for purpose structures series
In this edition of the series, our panel considered the key issues and hurdles that can arise during the merger process, from both an executive and non-executive point of view, and how to smooth the process as far as possible when you embark on merger discussions.
During this webinar we:
- Explored the various stages of a merger
- Heard from our panel on their own experiences of merger – their journeys and reflections – from executive and non-executive
- Top tips to equip leadership teams and boards
- Sarah Greenhalgh, Partner, Bevan Brittan
- Nigel Bolton, Partner, Bevan Brittan
- Gemma Burton-Connolly, Company Secretary, Abri
- Caroline Moore, Chief Financial Officer, Abri
- Joanna Makinson, Senior Independent Director/ Non-Executive Director, Abri
- Chair – Louise Leaver, Partner & Head of Housing, Bevan Brittan
Our panel's four top tips:
- Customers need to be central to the decision making process. Be clear in communications with your customers and staff along the way and look for meaningful ways to engage.
- Don’t underestimate the resource needed and attention taken from ‘business as usual’ – be mindful of where compromises can and can’t be made and monitor carefully.
- Don’t get too hung up on structure and control and stay close to your original drivers - focus on outcomes. It’s very easy to get swept along in the process.
- It’s a well-trodden path and there’s a raft of help and guidance available – talk to other RPs and your advisers about their experiences.