I am an employment specialist predominantly advising respondents from a range of sectors including local authorities, NHS bodies, housing associations, higher education organisations, NHS trusts, charities, and corporate entities in respect of both contentious and non-contentious matters.
I support and advise clients on all aspects of the employment relationship including handling disciplinary or grievance processes; defending tribunal claims; discrimination; whistleblowing; employment status (including off-payroll working rules also referred to as IR35); and restructures and redundancies.
I enjoy getting to know my clients and using that knowledge to support them by providing pragmatic and commercially sound advice within the wider context of the sectors or regulatory requirements in which they operate.
Melodie's areas of expertise
- Financial Services
- Higher Education
- Housing & Regeneration
- Independent Health
- Local Government
- Employment, Pensions & Immigration
- Contingent workforce and the gig economy
- Employment contracts and policies
- Employment advisory support
- Whistleblowing and raising concerns
- TUPE and outsourcing
- Equalities, diversity and discrimination
- Employment disputes and litigation
- Industrial relations and trade unions
- Workforce restructuring and agile working
- Health workforce