We are specialist lawyers in the insurance sector. To us, this means far more than just being good at applying general principles. Our team is made up of lawyers who support insurer clients in every area of their business, from organisational structuring and workplace issues, to protecting their brand, and making the right commercial decisions.
A large part of this is about claims handling. We’re known for our expertise in managing the process from initial notification and through negotiation and litigation. And we do this well because we know what’s needed from us. Our legal support is personal. It’s based on strong relationships with long-standing clients who value our clear advice and the outcomes we achieve.
We manage disputes for motor, casualty, medical malpractice and property insurers, and also handle a wide range of professional indemnity and product liability claims. In addition we advise a large number of clients in the life, health and critical illness markets.
Our work for insurers also encompasses more complex policy indemnity disputes; advice on risk transfer and adequacy of insurance arrangements; advice on distribution agreements; broker network and affinity and white label arrangements; outsourcing and offshoring contracts; and arrangements and disputes with third party service suppliers.
We have specialists who advise insurer clients on data security and intellectual property issues, helping them to minimise the reputational and regulatory risks that data breaches can present.
Our insurer clients trust us, and we value that. This extends beyond giving sound legal advice, into the commercial and political importance of maintaining brand reputation. We make sure that everything that we do on clients’ behalf reflects well on you. Our lawyers are professional, empathetic and respectful, and their approach is underpinned, as you would expect, by a determination to get the best outcome.
Working with clients
We are specialists in insurance law. To us, this means far more than just being good at applying the general principles. Our team is made up of lawyers who support insurer clients in every area of their business, from organisational structuring and workplace issues, to protecting their brand, and handling claims.
- Breach of contract & negligence disputes
- Clinical negligence & complaint handling
- Commercial litigation & disputes advisory
- Contract management advice
- Employment, pensions & immigration – including contracts and company policies, staffing issues and TUPE.
- Health & safety & criminal regulatory/enforcement – including wide range of civil and criminal cases involving issues like fire and gas safety, asbestos, legionella, and RIDDOR reporting.
- Information law, DPA & FOI – including safeguards, procedures, staff training and compliance
- Insurance, liability claims & costs
- Intellectual property disputes
- Mental Capacity, Mental Health and Court of Protection
- Reputational management & defamation – including social media, accusations and harassment
The latest Insurance news and articles can be found at Bevan Brittan's Insight Information Hub