I specialise in commercial property with a particular emphasis on Landlord and Tenant asset management work, especially of large property portfolios. I work with a wide variety of major public sector and commercial clients, many of them household names. I have acted on a number of nationally recognised mixed use development projects and act for some of the largest landowners in the country on all their estate management requirements. I also act on the acquisition and disposal of investment properties.
- I act for Canal & River Trust, one of the largest landowners in the country, on a wide variety of asset management transactions including acquisitions, disposals, leases, conditional agreements for lease, licence agreements and the usual landlord and tenant work deriving from such instructions.
- I advise numerous Local Authorities on acquisition of commercial properties (usually £5m-£30m) including retail, offices and industrial and often carry out asset management work following the acquisitions. I act for some Authorities on their “business as usual” estate management work ensuring the smooth running of their commercial property portfolio.
- I advised the Electoral Commission on the lease of their head office in central London.
- I led the property elements of a yet to be constructed leisure complex in the South-West, including conditional Agreements for Lease with a cinema operator and a bowling operator.
- I advised a major energy company on their acquisition programme for associated development sites required for two new nuclear power stations. This included sites for use as a college, two park and ride schemes and for a wharf allowing large loads to be brought to one of the sites by sea.
- I co-ordinated the renewal of 450 commercial leases held by 250 tenants at a development site in London.
Service charges – who decides what is fair?
Times Best Law Firm Spotlight: Landlord & Tenant
Dilapidations - the devil is in the detail