I am a Legal Director in the Commercial & Infrastructure Team. I specialise in non-contentious aspects of construction law.
My clients include Universities, Local Authorities, Housing Associations, Developers, Employers, Tenants and Funders.
I am particularly interested in the Higher Education Sector and assisting Universities in delivering their various educational schemes.
My specialism allows me to assist in developments from pre-planning through to completion of the Works, and therefore drafting and negotiation of full suites of construction documentation, including:
- Building Contracts (JCT and NEC)
- Development Agreements
- Joint Venture Agreements
- Agreements for Lease
- Contribution Agreements
- Frameworks Agreements
- Sale and Purchase Agreements
- Professional Team Appointments
- Collateral Warranties/Third Party Rights
- Letters of Intent
- Letters of Reliance
- Parent Company Guarantees and Bonds
- Due Diligence for Purchasers/Tenants/Funders
- Acting for Channel 4 Corporation in respect of refurbishment of all of their offices across the UK, including facilitating the relocation of their head office to the Majestic in Leeds.
- Acting for City of York Council in respect of its initial redevelopment of the Guild Hall in York.
- Acting for Henry Boot Developments Limited on many of their residential and commercial developments across the UK.
- Acting for Innerspace Homes Limited regarding their modular build housing schemes and modular house prototype contract.
- Acting for National Places (a National Grid and Places for People Joint Venture), assisting with their large residential portfolio across the UK.
- Developing the construction precedents for the University of York and acting for them in the delivery of their Safe Autonomy Building and Management School.
- Acting for Leeds Metropolitan University in respect of their state of the art Carnegie Teaching & Research Facility.
- Acting for the University of Brighton on their Multi Storey Car Park, Business School and other infrastructure projects.
- Acting for Sancus Utilities Ltd in respect of their hydroponics facilities and supply and manufacture agreements.
- Acting for Cerealto UK Ltd/Siro Foods on their food manufacturing facility in Worksop.