The Building Safety Act intends to bring about the ‘biggest improvements to building safety in nearly 40 years’ by putting in place “new and enhanced regulatory regimes for building safety and construction products” and ensuring “residents have a stronger voice in the system”. The costs of both getting it right (i.e. ensuring building are safe) and getting it wrong can both be extremely high.
Join our colleagues to ensure you are ready and aware of the new requirements around building/fire safety, and the impact these changes may have on the business and the actions required to comply.
The webinar will cover the following key issues, along with plenty of opportunity for questions and discussion:
• High level summary of the Building Safety Act including the new Building Safety Regulator, mandatory occurrence reporting, committees and enforcement
• Overview of key provisions that are already in force and their impact including:
o Fire safety reform
o Impact of the BSA on landlords and tenants
o Limitation periods
o Contract amendments
• Remediation of ACM and other defects - what needs to be done and who pays
• Key provisions for higher-risk buildings due to come into force later in 2023:
o New Buildings (during Construction) – duty holders, competence, the gateway system and contract documents
o Occupied Buildings (new and old) – the Accountable Person, safety case, golden thread and resident engagement
o Resident duties
• The provisions that are likely to have the greatest impact on organisations and what you need monitor over the coming months