I am a Solicitor Advocate specialising in construction, engineering and commercial disputes. I have obtained the right to practice civil advocacy in the Senior Civil Courts of England and Wales.
I am involved in advising the public, private and non-profit sector on the resolution of disputes and management of risk. I have worked and advised on projects which involve; energy, mining, infrastructure, waste, local government and railways.
I have also supported and advised on construction contracts, procurement disputes, and complex and high value commercial contract disputes.
My experience involves resolving disputes through adjudication, mediation, arbitration, expert determination and court action.
- Acting for a publicly traded cement company in a deep-sea mining claim involving alleged defects.
- Acting for a publicly traded energy company in respect of costs and delay issues arising out of the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of an offshore wind farm.
- Acting for a contractor in relation to a defects dispute involving a power generator.
- Acting for a specialist subcontractor on the HS2 government railway project in relation to a payment dispute.
- Acting for local government regarding an independent public inquiry into the actions taken to procure the services of contractors to build a school with multiple defects.
- Acting for a housing association in relation to bringing a claim against a design and build contractor in relation to defective works, cladding and fire safety issues.
- Advising a health authority regarding a potential claim for professional negligence against a consultant providing project and cost management services for demolition and asbestos removal works at a hospital.
Amrinder's areas of expertise
- Construction & Engineering Overview
- Construction and Engineering Contracts
- Construction and Engineering Disputes
- Energy from Waste
- Local Government
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Litigation & dispute resolution
- Fire Safety
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Procurement Litigation
- Challenging the procurement evalution process
- Procurement clarification
- Obtaining procurement process information
- Standstill debriefing
- Managing the risk of procurement challenge
- Automatic suspensions