I am an employment lawyer and advise employers on both contentious and non-contentious matters. I assist clients with managing TUPE transfers and business reorganisations, drafting contracts and policies, employment status audits, as well as regularly advising employers on day-to-day HR queries about issues such as disciplinary and grievance procedures and ill health absences.
I also have experience defending a wide range of tribunal claims including for unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, discrimination, whistleblowing, and following TUPE transfers. I have delivered training to clients on a variety of topics including changing terms and conditions, collective consultation, and disciplinary and grievance investigations.
Whenever I provide advice, I always seek to understand the client’s business strategy and the outcome that they are seeking to reach in each situation in order to tailor my advice to achieve that goal.
Catherine's areas of expertise
- Higher Education
- Financial Services
- Employment, Pensions & Immigration
- BB Solutions
- Contingent workforce and the gig economy
- Employment contracts and policies
- Employment advisory support
- Whistleblowing and raising concerns
- TUPE and outsourcing
- Equalities, diversity and discrimination
- Employment disputes and litigation
- Workforce restructuring and agile working
- Employment Law Training Unit
- Large Scale Settlement Agreements