I am a commercial lawyer with extensive in-house experience across many different industries. These include: outsourced service provision to the private and public sector, insurance, renewables, financial services, health and infrastructure.
I have been a director, providing strategic input and running departments including Legal, HR, Business Development, Project Management and Administration. I am familiar with the board room from a business and corporate perspective. My skills in identification and resolution of risk are due to many contract negotiations and the practical application of compliance and legality in running business.
A diverse background, together with the experience of working for service providers and those engaging services gives me a depth of insight and appreciation of the challenges for each party. To resolve these I use my blend of professional and operational knowledge, in combination with a focused business approach.
During my 30 year career I have been involved in new business ventures and start -ups. These have included expansions into international markets. I have overseen the installation of IT solutions and construction projects. I have had responsibility for the implementation and management of GDPR across a group of companies. I have facilitated mergers, restructures, and redundancies.
Supporting the implementation of operational matters I have led in areas of risk and compliance. This has led to development of policies, procedures and plans for business continuity, health, safety, the implementation of Brexit, and other legal changes. Exercising due diligence and working on secondments within internal audit and project management has been a useful counter balance to transactional matters and has given me rounded approach to problem solving.
Gill's areas of expertise
- Central Government & Agencies
- Financial Services
- Digital Health
- Local Government
- Contract Management
- Commercial Dispute Resolution
- Outsourcing & technology disputes
- COVID-19 Advisory Service
- Health and Safety Investigations
- Employment contracts and policies
- Employment advisory support
- TUPE and outsourcing
- Equalities, diversity and discrimination
- Workforce restructuring and agile working
- ESG (Environmental, Social and Governance)
- Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Data Protection
- Running the procurement process
- Procurement after contract award
- Managing the risk of procurement challenge