I am an experienced dispute resolution lawyer. I specialise in construction and real estate litigation. I advise clients on disputes relating to construction contracts, development agreements, JV and collaboration agreements, land sale and purchase contracts, overage agreements and option agreements.
I also specialise in conducting and defending breach of contract and professional negligence claims. In addition, I have a niche expertise in advising on termination of agricultural tenancies.
Over the past few years I have developed a growing practice in fire safety claims, relating to cladding and other fire-safety defects.
All types of dispute resolution are familiar to me, including High Court and County Court proceedings, adjudication, mediation and arbitration.
My clients include a wide range of private developers, employers, contractors, local authorities, and funders. In respect of my fire-safety practice, my clients include the management companies of two landmark residential blocks in Birmingham.
I am a keen sports fan and am a Non-Executive Director of British Eventing, the governing body of the Olympic equestrian sport of eventing (our team won gold at Tokyo 2020).
- Lead fee earner on two major cases relating to fire-safety and fire-cladding defects at landmark high-rise buildings in Birmingham.
- Lead fee earner on multi-million claim by funder against project monitor relating to landmark city-centre building refurbishment in Liverpool.
- Lead fee earner acting for developer defending a multi-million pound claim by the local council in relation to breaches of an agreement for sale of land.
- Lead fee earner acting for international truck manufacturer in a multi-million pound claim against building contractor and architect arising from defective paving at a flagship sales facility.
- Lead fee earner acting for national housing association in multi-million pound dispute with seller of land in London.
- Lead fee earner advising major land promoter in dispute with landowners in relation to key strategic land at Cheltenham.
- Lead fee earner acting for major housebuilder defending claim by local landowners for failure to provide right of access to neighbouring land, with development potential of millions of pounds.
- Lead fee earner on numerous high-value professional negligence claims by housebuilders/developers against various professionals and consultants.
The Building Safety Bill - Next steps
Building Safety Bill to go to House of Lords’ Committee Stages - 21 February 2022
Building Safety Bill: What Happens Next?
William's areas of expertise
- Construction & Engineering Overview
- Construction and Engineering Contracts
- Construction and Engineering Disputes
- Energy from Waste
- Estate Management
- Housing & Regeneration
- Local Government
- Litigation & dispute resolution
- Fire Safety
- Professional Negligence
- Property Litigation