I advise registered providers of social housing and their corporate groups on a broad range of corporate and governance matters. This includes mergers, partnerships, joint ventures and restructures, conversions (both charitable and non-charitable), board and company secretarial support, regulatory advice and constitutional advice.
I have experience advising housing associations on:
- mergers including transfers of engagements, amalgamations and parent/subsidiary partnerships
- corporate restructures, group collapses, group consolidations and group optimisations
- housing partnerships including joint ventures, both traditional and contractual
- development structures including setting up or winding up trading subsidiaries
- the requirements of the Regulator of Social Housing, the Financial Conduct Authority, charity law and the National Housing Federation
- constitutional issues including amending rules and articles for housing associations
- governance frameworks, including updates to their corporate and governance policies
Prior to my time at Bevan Brittan, I worked as a corporate and governance lawyer for seven years advising housing associations, charities and their groups. I have also previously worked for the Financial Ombudsman Service.