I am a Partner in the property team specialising in the healthcare sector.
I have considerable experience acting on estates matters for:
- NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts;
- commissioners of NHS services, including CCGs and NHS England;
- private and voluntary sector providers of healthcare services; and
- national bodies such as the Department of Health, Community Health Partnerships and NHS Property Services Limited.
I offer pragmatic, commercial and cost effective advice to my clients and recognise the importance of delivering projects on time and within budget. I am recognised as a recommended individual in the Legal 500 2016 in the Health Sector.
I have contributed a number of articles on aspects of the funding of primary care premises to GP Newspaper and other publications. In addition, I have contributed on several occasions to Property Law Journal and Landlord and Tenant Review, including, in particular, on the subject of the rights of undocumented occupiers.
My particular career highlights include:
- providing extensive strategic advice to NHS England on the statutory framework governing investment in primary care premises;
- advising on all aspects of the use and occupation of NHS LIFT premises; and
- advising on numerous high value disposals of surplus NHS land to unlock capital receipts for my clients
I have a very detailed knowledge of the health sector and its current challenges. I advised extensively on the abolition of Primary Care Trusts and I have been involved in estates related work on the development of New Models of Care and on devolution projects.