I am a Partner in the property team specialising in the healthcare sector.
I have considerable experience acting on estates matters for:
- NHS Trusts and Foundation Trusts;
- commissioners of NHS services, including CCGs and NHS England;
- private and voluntary sector providers of healthcare services; and
- national bodies such as the Department of Health, Community Health Partnerships and NHS Property Services Limited.
I offer pragmatic, commercial and cost effective advice to my clients and recognise the importance of delivering projects on time and within budget. I am recognised as a recommended individual in the Legal 500 2016 in the Health Sector.
My particular career highlights include:
- providing extensive strategic advice to NHS England on the statutory framework governing investment in primary care premises;
- advising on all aspects of the use and occupation of NHS LIFT premises; and
- advising on numerous high value disposals of surplus NHS land to unlock capital receipts for my clients
I have a very detailed knowledge of the health sector and its current challenges. I advised extensively on the abolition of Primary Care Trusts and I have been involved in estates related work on the development of New Models of Care and on devolution projects.
I have contributed a number of articles on aspects of the funding of primary care premises to GP Newspaper and other publications. In addition, I have contributed on several occasions to Property Law Journal and Landlord and Tenant Review, including, in particular, on the subject of the rights of undocumented occupiers.